Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sephora 500 Point Perk - Too Faced Eye Shadow Palette & Shadow Insurance

Yayy! Sephora finally came out with a really good 500 Point Perk! I've been saving my points for the longest time & now I can finally use them on something good! I got the "Too Faced Exclusive Eye Shadow Collection" which has 8 eye shadows ("2 from each of their best-selling kits") & a mini Shadow Insurance.
The eye shdaow palette includes 8 eye shadows that create 4 different looks: The Natural Eye, The Smokey Eye, The Naked Eye & The Romantic Eye. Each look also gives you a little "how-to" to help guide you on which color to place where in order to achieve that look. The Natural Eye includes Heaven (matte ivory) & Push-Up (light bronze shimmer). The Smokey Eye includes Silver Spoon (Silver Shimmer) & Smolder (matte black). The Naked Eye includes Satin Sheets (golden champagne shimmer) & Like A Virgin (matte taupe). Although Satin Sheets appears like a light shimmery pink in the palette, it applies more like a light shimmery yellow-gold. Lastly, The Romantic Eye includes Honeymoon (burnished gold shimmer) & Ever After (bronze shimmer). All of the eye shadows are very smooth & easy to blend, but the shimmer eye shadows are much more pigmented than the matte ones. The matte eye shadows are still very pretty though, you just have to pack on the color a little bit more. The swatches below show one swipe of each eye shadow & go in order according to each look.
Without Flash
Heaven, Push-Up, Silver Spoon, Smolder, Satin Sheets, Like A Virgin, Honeymoon, Ever After

With Flash
Heaven, Push-Up, Silver Spoon, Smolder, Satin Sheets, Like A Virgin, Honeymoon, Ever After
 
I was also really excited to try the Shadow Insurance. I've always sworn by MAC Paint Pots (usually in Soft Ochre) as my eye shadow primer, but I still like to try new things. I've tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion quite a few times but was never a fan of it, because I feel like my eye shadow still creases after about 5 hours. I tested out the Too Faced Shadow Insurance & I was very happy with it! I applied it with my finger & it glided on nice & smoothly. It also kept my eye shadow looking great all day! This is definitely an eye shadow primer that I would recommend!
If you happen to have 500 points in your Beauty Bank & are able to get your hands on this, I would definitely recommend getting it! This is an awesome value with quality eye shadows & an eye shadow base! Thank you Sephora! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment