Friday, May 20, 2011

OPI Silver Shatter Nail Polish

I'm finally done with school, so this summer I will definitely be making up for lost time with lots of posts, I promise! I recently bought the new OPI Silver Shatter nail polish from their new Pirates of the Caribbean collection. I love the Black Shatter so I figured I'd try the silver one too. If you have the OPI Black Shatter, the formula & the way it cracks is pretty much the same. For those of you who aren't familiar with the shatter nail polishes, you apply the shatter polish (a nice even layer, not too thick, not too thin) on top of another color nail polish after it's dry. Then you finish with a clear top coat. If you don't put a clear top coat on after, the shatter color may appear dull & matte looking. I usually use Sally Hansen Super Shiny Top Coat.
I noticed with the Silver Shatter nail polish, it looks better if you use a darker color underneath. If you use a lighter color underneath, it just looks like you put a coat of silver glitter polish on top & it's a little hard to see that it's shattered. Last week, I used the Silver Shatter polish on top of OPI Gargantuan Green Grape. Since it's a lighter green it was a little difficult to see that it was the Silver Shatter polish on top & not just a silver glitter coat (it looks good in the picture, but in person it's a little harder to tell). Yesterday I re-painted my nails but I used Eyeko Punk Polish underneath the Silver Shatter polish & it was much more noticeable! Overall, I'm very happy with the OPI Silver Shatter nail polish & would definitely recommend it!
Have you bought or tried the new OPI Silver Shatter yet? What do you think about it? Let me know in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment